Saturday, November 29, 2008

NOM NOM NOM

I swear I could live off of chinese restaurant steamed broccoli and rice. I try my hardest and my broccoli never comes out crisp! It's just a browny green mush that tastes about as good as it sounds.

Brian's out with his man-friends for the night which means I've been doing Emily stuff like: dancing around the apartment and sliding on the floor in my socks, singing really loud while being in the bathtub so long that the water gets cold, making face masks out of food, doing a yoga video I'd never do in front of anyone because of the crazy mantras I have to yell out. All in all it's been a good night, that and I've been on Youtube for like 2 hours watching music videos. I'm excited about christmas in Englad. I get to see my first pantomime, Dick Wittington. When I was younger my Dad would always great me with the line "turn again Dick Wittington" when I didn't do things like put my plate in the sink and/or flush the toilet so he thought it would be soo funny to go see a good ol' panto about him. We're really going for my grandmasince she loves stuff like that. I'm sure it'll be fun, way more fun than syphoning the spit out of someones mouth for 3 hours.

I've been in a poetry mood lately! It kinda blows because I've been soooo busy with other schoolwork that I've barely had any time to write down some of my ideas in my fabulous poetry notebook that I have. I've also been pretty stressed and depressed lately, I hope I don't need to be either of those to write anything good. I'm mustering up the courage to write something on here for the world to see. Well, for whoever reads this, if anyone! Ok, here it goes!

Mutt

"Where are you from?" they ask
and I can't give them a straight answer.
In school they ask for your hometown,
but for me I have two, I think...
I guess one could think that
Chesapeake, Virginia and
Ipswich are rather similar. Both are near
the coast, both have streets, though cars
drive in different directions. And Chesapeake is
next to Suffolk, and Ipswich in inside another Suffolk
which is also close to another Norfolk. They both
have Indian restaurants, Wal-marts (or ASDA),
gas stations, KFC, Pizza Hut, McDonalds,
but no Taco Bell, the one clear difference.
I've been strawberry picking in both, I have friends
in both, I have family in both. Can they be meshed?
A hybridization of homey feelings? Chesawich
or Ipapeake? If I choose one over the other
will I be shunned? Will the townsfolk rally together with their
shovels (or spades) and charge down Mount Pleasant Road, or
Norwich road and exile me, leaving me again
with no hometown? With the same confusion I had before
filling out online surveys and standardized test sheets.
I am a mutt, awaft in homelessness. I may have two houses,
but which is the home?

I'm pretty sure that was crap, but I literally just thoguht of it and wrote it down. It definitely needs some workshopping or something. Well, that's my contribution for the night. Since this will be my last alone night for a while I better get a musical in while I still can! Goodnight all!!

No comments: