Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Super Haul

Today was the first shopping success in a long long time. Today I went to TJ Maxx, Bath and Body Works and Forever 21. I had pretty much forgotten that TJ Maxx existed until today. I had seen videos on youtube with some beauty bloggers talking about stuff they'd gotten at TJ Maxx and it sparked my interest so I visited my local TJ Maxx. It was like walking into heaven, that is if heaven was terribly disorganized and there were like a thousand old people blocking the aisles with shopping carts. I found a bunch of stuff that was extremely reasonably priced. Here's what I found:

1. Korres Bitter Almond Body Milk $5
2. Korres Watermelon Scrub $5
3. Korres Rice Protein hair treatment $5
4. Korres Guava shower gel $5
5. Korres Fig Body Butter $5
6. Model Co. Face Scrub $7
7. Joey New York Blackhead removing and Pore minimizing gel $3

I got all of that stuff for less than $50. LESS THAN $50! I was especially excited about all of the Korres stuff. I love Korres because it's natural and doesn't contain stuff like mineral oil (ew) and parabens (double ew). I recently ordered the Korres yoghurt face cream and pomegranate balancing moisturizer from sephora.com and so far so good. I was really hoping I would find it at TJ Maxx and stock up but no such luck. All of the Korres items I bought at TJ Maxx were seriosuly cheaper than what you would pay at Nordstrom or Sephora; more than 50% cheaper. I haven't tried anything from Model Co. or Joey New York but even if they aren't that great I didn't spend as much as I would have if I had gone to a department store. I also got some $3 handsoaps at Bath and Body Works and they are great for your kitchen because they are anti-bacterial so you won't contaminate your kitchen after touching raw chicken and kill everyone who touches any of your countertops.

At Forever 21 I got a few dresses and shirts. I needed something that would make me seem a little in the know when it comes to fashion and something that wouldn't make me go broke. I'm pretty happy with then so I can't complain.

Needless to say TJ Maxx is my new favorite store and I will be scrouing the shelves soon enough. That's all for now. I'll be in the UK for two weeks come sunday so maybe I'll post pictures! Yay? ok byebye

No comments: